Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Stop Making Tests

Something I find myself doing too much of is: testing. I'm not making a real picture, I'm just experimenting with an idea, I'm testing out a new technique, I'm making a test shot of a potentially interesting subject. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

If you're doing this too, here's my advice to you:

Knock it off.

Take pictures like they're the last ones you'll ever make, like this is your sole legacy. Take pictures like you're going to be killed if they're not good enough. At least make a picture like you're going to frame it and try to sell it. Stop making tests.

At least for a while. You gotta learn, too, but you gotta do something with what you've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment